We’re definitely more connected. But are we being nice? Come co-create a better online world at noon on Friday, May 7, for Firecat Studio’s monthly coworking & brownbag session. It’s free, but please reserve your spot.
Digital Ethics: Civil Behavior in Social Media, Email, Websites, Blogs, etc.
With online interactions crowding out in-person and voice communications, the quality of those interactions is dictating our quality of life. In a world of ragers, haters, and hackers – can we create online communities that are trustworthy, ethical, supportive?
Some of the areas we’ll investigate:
- The price of being transparent.
- Spam vs. list building – where’s the line?
- Sock Puppets: To Whom am I Speaking?
- Should vendors and clients share values?
- The Dangers of Knowing Too Much
- Search Engine Optimization: White Hats vs. Black Hats
- Pimp My Site or LinkSpam: Where’s the line?
- Moderating a Civil Discussion
Coworking runs from 10-3 – just come with your laptop and cell phone and meet some folks, get some work done. The brownbag lunch is from noon to one p.m. We start on time, come early to get a seat.
Location is Firecat Studio, 918 Nolan #104, San Antonio, TX 78202.
Register for this free event now – you can opt in to the group lunch (sandwiches and chips) or bring your own.
If you’d like to receive notifications in email of the coworking sessions – please subscribe on our home page.