Because we’re expecting icy conditions tomorrow morning, we’re POSTPONING the Firecat First Friday coworking & brownbag session until March. You can register for the new session now.
Better Safe Than Sorry
We love to see you folks, but don’t want to risk even a slight chance of someone getting in an accident. Several of us are hoping for a dusting of snow, simply because it’s so danged rare. But we don’t want you driving or biking through that. Our session has been rescheduled for Friday, March 4, same time, same topic. Registration for the March session is already open on EventBrite. We’ll push the planned Design talk further into the year. Thanks for your flexibility!
Project Management Collaboration Portals?
Whether you manage a Fortune 500 company’s projects, a small business’s workload, or a soccer team coaching schedule, keeping track of teams and tasks can be worse than herding cats. In this month’s Firecat First Friday coworking & brownbag session, we’ll tour three top-notch web-based tools that help with knowing:
- Who’s on the team and staying in touch with them
- Who’s assigned to what
- What’s due when
- Any files or documents the team needs, and what version is which
- Time or money spent
- Who’s kicking butt and who needs a virtual butt-kicking
Three Portals, one’s probably right for your project
- Basecamp by 37Signals. It’s free to try or for one project only, and simple to use. Susan Price of Firecat Studio will guide us through Basecamp, the hub of communications for Firecat work. Key = simplicity.
- Sharepoint by Microsoft. Not just by far the leading software for company intranets, Sharepoint also offers a team site option that rocks. Certified Microsoft trainer/consultant Tom Resign will show it off. Key = MS Office friendly, powerful, customizable.
- OKHotShot by Judd Maroney. Judd went from USAA Project Manager to sometime Firecat to building his own dream Saas solution for managing projects. He’ll give everyone who attends FREE access to the beta version, which does everything Basecamp does plus invoicing, document management, project schedules with phases, and more.
You’re welcome to come get some work done anytime between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm, just like working from a coffee shop but with cooler people and free coffee. We’ll start the workshop right at noon, so plan to arrive at 11:30 – 11:45 to get in and settled before we begin. Yes, you are welcome invite others, but please encourage them to register, so we can have enough chairs and beverages on hand. See you on First Friday!
And yes – please feel free to suggest upcoming brown bag topics. Thanks!