Ready to Figure Out Google+?
We are too! If you’ve been thinking, “I’d better make time to play with Google+,” let’s go through some of the tutorials and cheat sheets together.
What does Google+ Have Over Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc.?
Good question. Let’s walk through the features and discuss.
- Sparks – Your interests, or topics you can “follow”
- Circles – Groups of people that you might want to notify about certain things. Like folks who live in your city, your work friends versus your colleagues who aren’t so friendly, or your family.
- It’ll make better sense when the people you need to talk and work with every day are in it, too.
- Video chat? Does it work?
- Who are all these dirtbags who are adding me to circles? Should I block them?
- Our favorite: Does our business need to participate?
Light lunch will be provided. Feel free to bring your own lunch, though.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Coworking (open house) 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
Lunch discussion Noon – 1:30 pm
Firecat Studio 918 Nolan #104, San Antonio, TX 78202
You’re welcome to come get some work done anytime between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm, just like working from a coffee shop but with cooler people and free coffee. Yes, you are welcome to invite others, but there’s limited space, so make sure your friends register!
Coming in September – Visual Note Taking
On Friday, September 2, Kate Hayward will present a mini-workshop on Visual Note Taking. No actual artistic ability is required – you’ll be amazed at how using both halves of your brain together gives your ideas and notes new energy. Yep, Labor Day weekend is that weekend.
And yes – please feel free to suggest upcoming brown bag topics. Thanks!