Got a Smartphone loaded with mobile apps? Whether you have (or covet) an iPhone, iPad, Android or Blackberry – come to Firecat’s free brownbag next Friday.
Mobile Device Playdate
Bring your iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry or other mobile device and let’s play show-and-tell. Show what you know, tell us what you think or find out more about why folks are shelling out hard cash for these mighty little apps. What apps are you getting the most use out of? Which are you paying for? What app did you think would be great, that disappointed?
If you’re not yet up to speed on smart phones and mobile applications, this is a great opportunity to hear why each passionate adherents thinks her/his device is the best, and what all the fuss is about.
We can start with:
- What are mobile apps and how are they different from just browsing a web page on your phone?
- Why would anyone pay for such a thing, and how much do they cost?
- Which businesses should think about custom apps (and which apps are just silly)?
- What are the relative strengths of each type of smart phone?
But the fun is diving into particular apps and their uses – especially as those relate to BUSINESS.
- Productivity, calendaring, to-dos. How’s that 4-hour workweek thing working for you? Yeah, me neither.
- Creativity, drawing, photo editing, etc.
- Remote desktop/laptop connection – access and drive your main computer from your phone.
- Mapping/navigation – forget your Garmins, onStars and Tomtoms. Or tell us why yours is better than these!
- Banking – Mobile banking has never been easier. Is your bank hip to mobile? Is it safe?
- Social media connectivity – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flipbook, TripIt. Some are lagging behind, some are improved.
- GAMES of course. Play keeps us sharp, didn’t you know that?
Firecat Studio will provide a light lunch – but we need a headcount. Yes, you can invite others, but please encourage them to register too.