When our CEO Susan Price was working on projects for Travelocity, she met lots of amazing web professionals in the D/FW area. Travelocity/Sabre human factors expert and usability guru Brian Sullivan organizes a conference called Big(D)esign.
Big(D)esign 2013 happens in Addison, Texas Friday, October 16 ? Saturday, October 17, at the Crowne Plaza Addison.
“I love Big(D)esign!” says Price. “It’s like South by Southwest used to be, before it got so overwhelmingly large. You get face time with all the presenters, sponsors and attendees. There’s time built in to the schedule to mix, mingle and network. It’s one of my favorite industry conferences,” she reports.
Big(D)esign’s name refers to Dallas’s nickname, “big D.”
Big(D)esign Conference Highlights
- Nathan Shedroff, Sci-Fi Ideas for Interfaces (Making Meaning author!)
- Adam Polansky, Humanizing UX (Information Architecture expert!)
- Brooke Brooks, Redesigning an existing web structure (from the trenches!)
- Sharron Rush, Hidden Accessibility Features (Knowbility Executive Director!)
- Elizabeth Rosenzweig (Founder of World Usability Day!)
- Austin Govella, Hacking User Experiences (IA, author, Boxes & Arrows development editor!)
- And more! Go See!